Friday, February 10, 2012

A new job

About a year ago, I gave a new teletherapy company my contact information. They contacted me around Christmas time because they needed someone with an Indiana license. I interviewed, asked my questions and talked to Adam about possibly working 2 days a week. I thought it would be nice to have the extra money and it would be a way to keep my feet in the water.

But what about Claire? I didn't want to leave her and I worried about pumping and having enough to feed her. Earlier in the year, my friend Michelle said she would watch Claire if I went back to work next year and then graciously offered to come to my house (with Claire's boyfriend in tow) to watch her here after the tele therapy position became available. (THANK YOU, MICHELLE!) I also talked to the high school girls across the street who are home schooled if they would be able to fit some babysitting into their schedule. They decided on Fridays they could come over and split the day. Perfect! Work from home? In-home day care? I can handle this.

I signed the contract. Since then, I've been assigned six students who attend an Indiana virtual school to do therapy over the web platform my company created and to do evaluations in person with students in northern Indiana. I finished the training and am currently scheduling my students.

I hope it goes well. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! The best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete