Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Curious Case of Claire Bear

My baby is curious, as curious as can be.

She always liked looking at lights, but now that her eyesight has developed, she's so alert, focused, head up and watching everything. I think this contributes to the no sleep problem.

She used to sleep in the moby wrap with her head against my chest and now she has her head propped up, taking everything in. She used to sleep in the carseat at the store and now she cries if her little carseat cover is up because she wants to be able to look around.

She likes to watch t.v. which makes me nervous that she is turning into a couch potato already. The American College of Pediatrics recommends zero screen time before a baby's 2nd birthday!! This video of Claire takes awhile to load, but it should work. I had a lot of trouble posting it. If you watch it full screen, it will be blurry.



 She is having problems nursing,too. If she isn't tired, she'll eat some, throw her head back, smile at me and coo and then eat a little, throw head back, smile and repeat. The t.v. and computer can distract her while eating, too. Somedays I have to cover her eyes and force her to finish eating or it would take forever!

She is happiest if she can see me, but if I walk out of the room she might throw a fit or just coo to herself.

We'll figure out this sleeping thing sometime and being curious will be a good thing later in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment