Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sicky

My poor baby is sicky!

She has been congested for awhile and then she started sneezing up yucky stuff, coughing, being fussy and sleepy (preferably in mommy's arms). I feel so bad for her. Adam said babies are "nose obligated breathers" so her nose is all stuffed up, but she doesn't know how to breathe out of her mouth. We moved her into our room last night so we could keep our... "ears" on her. She slept a lot, however, we kept picking her up when she would be snorting and choking and we eventually put her in her carseat. It helped her breathing a little to be more upright. Of course as new parents, we are up in the middle night discussing if her O2 stats would be normal and if she needed to go to the doctor if she didn't get better and what if she needed to go to the hospital and, and, and..... Fears become exponential in the middle of night while you listen to your baby breathe like Darth Vader.  She mostly wants mommy to hold her and feed her at all times. I cancelled my plans for Monday and the next few days. I called the doctor (I know, I know, about a cold) and bought some vapor rub, more saline spray for her nose and a humidifier.

The second night went better than the first, but she still looks like this
It is never a good time to get sick but especially not good when I'm trying to start a new job. Yep, a new job! That's a teaser for the next entry. 

3 comments:

  1. I did almost the same when Ollie was sick, except I made him sleep in his swing while I slept on the couch (I was convinced being upright would help him and I could keep a better eye on him). Did you call Dr. Wheet after office hours? Also, yay for a new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we listened to her breathing with Adam's stethoscope, called Dr. Wheet and in general were crazy first time parents.

      Delete
    2. I am new at this whole comment thing. i didnt realized you commented until today! We did call him during office hours but I think at 9:01 a.m.

      Delete