Monday, January 2, 2012

poor neglected blog

I haven't posted in forever! I feel the pressure to have picture in all the posts, so I wait until I load the pictures to my computer and then..... well, something else comes up and I just keep postponing.

We celebrated Christmas over 3 weekends with family. There is never is enough time when we are all together.  I went on a tour of Illinois with my family the week after Christmas. We got to see extended family, high-school friends and college friends. Our 27-year tradition of celebrating New Years with the Osterloos and Hendersons was a success and a spy theme.  It was a whirlwind and we missed Adam, who was at home working. Claire and I got back in town just before the first snowstorm of the season started, perfect timing!

When looking back on 2011, it seems like there was lots of waiting until October 19th and then lots of activity! To quote our Christmas newsletter, "Adam and I look at our baby girl with hearts overflowing, and when we think life couldn’t be any better, our family, friends, neighbors and co-workers continue to overwhelm us with their generosity and kindness."

I am predicting 2012 will be a busy year as Claire starts crawling, walking and hopefully talking! Adam will probably make decisions about working after residency. I am considering some part-time SLP opportunities and hope to get into some sort of routine at home. Wiley..... will chase more squirrels and probably still refuse to come inside the house because he just loves the backyard.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment