Saturday, October 15, 2011

40 weeks

Happy Due Date Day! I woke up to a very windy cold fall day. I kind of love it!

Adam's vacation started yesterday afternoon, and he came with me to the doctor. He will be home the next 10 days. Of course, we wanted him home for the baby's first week, but even though she isn't here yet it will be nice for him to be around to keep me sane while we wait.

We talked for a long time with the doctor about induction yesterday. We have an appointment in his office for next Friday and will start induction Friday night or Saturday morning (depending on what type of induction). Hopefully that conversation was a big waste of time.



Adam TOTALLY surprised me yesterday with an early "push" present. A push present is a gift a father gives the mother to reward her for all her hard work and pain during pregnancy and labor and delivery. I was dropping steady hints about wanting a dozen roses and what stores had them on sale. Instead, the little stinker ordered me a brand new white iPhone 4 that was released yesterday. He said since he can trust me with a newborn, he can trust me with an iPhone. We are taking it to the store today to get it set up so it will be all ready to use at the hospital. He knew I really wanted something that I could use to video chat with my family and a phone that could take and receive pictures. Adam spoils me to no end! I didn't even have to do any pushing for my push present.

I hope the next post is announcing the birth of our baby girl!

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment