Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cooking Extravaganza

Mom and Dad came this weekend to help me stock the freezer. It was a success.

We started Saturday morning with browning ground beef, boiling/shredding chicken and chopping vegetables.

Since Dad's sniffer doesn't work, we had him chop the 6 onions (only half in this picture). I really hope this baby likes onions.....

 After our prep work was done, we started putting together the following dishes:

-2 tuna casseroles
-bean soup (not sure how much we're going to like this one)
-white chicken chili
-beef stew
-Italian supper casserole
-burritos
-sloppy joes
-chicken pot pie

Mom also did a lot of dishes! She kept up with it all day long. (notice my no-sew curtains that I finally got around to making)
I had a list and I was checking it twice, however, we still ended up making several trips to the store. Dad noticed the pancakes were a little flat and turns out my baking powder expired in 2006. SO SORRY  TO ANYONE I HAVE BAKED FOR IN THE LAST 5 YEARS!


Pancake Pete was checking the beef stew while making the buttermilk pancakes. We ate them for dinner and then froze them in stacks of 3 (1-blueberry, 1-plain, 1-choc chip) for my breakfasts. I don't know if they will last 4 more weeks because this is my favorite thing to eat in the mornings, at least lately.

My parents were a great help! They ran errands, cooked, cleaned, kept me company while Adam worked this weekend, took me out to eat and did yard work. Oh and of course, loved on Wiley!


My parents are the best. Thank you so much for coming and taking care of me! I wish you could come every weekend. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment